Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Response to reading (monica Lewis)

Teaching can be a complicated thing to do. It’s hard to find the best ways to instruct all the student needs. By reading this chapter I found important ideas of teaching, things that were meaningful and ideas that I can apply to my future teaching career.


What I found important is teaching styles. After reading this part of the chapter it made more since of how some classes I enjoyed and how some I did not. You found yourself in classes that were way too unorganized; some that lectured way too much etc. When you looked around and found yourself struggling, it was because that’s not how we learn best. It’s so important for us future teachers to teach the way the student feels more comfortable and not how the teacher feels. Our goal in teaching is to learn how to reach each child individually. In our last chapter we learned about the law: No Child Left Behind.

I find learning styles meaningful in my option. It’s important for the teachers to find their students comfort zone. Some students are auditory, visual and kinesthetic. Auditory students learn best by listening, visual students learn best by seeing, and kinesthetic students learn best by hands on. It is very important for the future teachers to understand how there students learn best.

As a future teacher I have thought of ways of using this information into my future teaching. Technology can be used for students that are visual learners or even hands on. If they can see it and do it by using technology, it will make it more fun and easier for them to learn. In school I found in science and even math doing the work online was easier to learn and more fun. That’s why I find this chapter of technology can go a long way for the different learning styles of students.

Teaching can be complicated thing to do. There are things that can help it not be so complicated if we can learn how to reach every child. Helping students with different learning styles can be our first step as a teacher. Another way can be the way we teach our future class and how we can be better teachers in the future by bring technology into our class rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment