Monday, September 20, 2010

Chapter six



Chapter six

In this chapter I learned that technology can be very helpful for our future students. I never really thought about technology until now. I have had many experiences with different types of technology. Learning with technology at my school wasn’t that popular at that time.
               The job I’m at now has been great for learning some of the different technology’s out there. I have worked with special needs kids for four years and they have used some of the technology talked about in this chapter. For instance, the graphic tablet was used in a computer class that my high school student took. She was able to write with this technology and be able to enjoy writing. Her writing skills were somewhat poor and it was a new way to help fix it.  The touch screen has been used in a junior high class for special needs child. She has used this for the ability to go anywhere by a touch of her figure on her own. She does not have the capability to use the mouse, so she uses the touch screen.
                              The only technology that used in school was the computer. The computer was the best way to do research for my classes. I didn’t have an i-pad, touch screen, and all the other new technology. To be honest what we have now for class rooms would have been so beneficial for me. I’m more of hands on learner; these types of technology would have been great for me in school.
               I have learned a lot about the different types of technologies. I hope to be able to use many of them in my future class room. Kids need these in the class room; it will help them learn in more fun environment. I’m glad to be taking this class to help me learn more about technology. For the longest time I thought I knew a lot about technology I’ve been mistaken by my belief.   
  
monica lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment